Thursday, December 6, 2007

Brahe's View of Austria-Hungary

Hello, my name is Tycho Brahe. I am very fond of the region of Austria-Hungary. My dear friend and student, Johannes Kepler, has lived and taught in Austria for much of his life. He has told me great things about the country. Although I was born in Denmark, I currently spend most of my time in the Holy Roman Empire, where I have been named the court's "Imperial Mathematicus". I have learned a great deal about Austria-Hungary during my time in the HRE. In particular, the rulers of Austria are becoming more and more enlightened as time passes. I hope that they will find my work in astronomy interesting. Just recently, I have made fascinating observations about a new star. I have noticed that Austria-Hungary is somewhat lacking in influential thinkers. It would be great if my findings could inspire future scientists from the Austria region! I consider myself to be the "Father of the Modern Laboratory", and I truly hope that others will agree and build upon the foundations I've built.
Sincerely,
Tycho Brahe

No comments: